How to get to Velyama
for the Gomeroi Emu Ceremony
15th Feb 2016
Please take the turns on dirt roads carefully.
From the South –
– Go through Boggabri leave town on the Kamilaroi HWY
-Turn Right onto the Manilla Road
– Go over the iron bridge.
– turn left towards Therribri
– you are now on Therribri rd, it will bend around North ish.
-The Namoi is on your left, forest and mine on your right.
– just keep driving up and we will be on your left in the Travelling Stock Route (TSR) at Velyama.
From the North
– head south of Narrabri on the Kamilaroi HWY
– turn left onto Harparary Rd. Past Baan Baa.
– you’ll be on Harparary for 17km and you will cross over a bridge.
-After 17km Turn Right towards Boggabri on Therribri Rd.
– after 1.6km you will cross the creek then in 400m come to a 3 pronged intersection.
– hang far right. you will be staying on Therribri rd. go through a gate with a sign “Mardi Gras”
– keep on driving down the river will be on your right the mine and forest on your left.
– Just keep on driving down and we will be on your right in the Travelling Stock Route (TSR) at Velyama.