So you are coming out to defend a forest and take on the coal industry!
What will you need to bring?
Here is a rough guide…
- torch – head torches are preferable
- personal water bottle/camel back (enough to have 3 litres with you at all times – it’s going to be hot!) – there is drinking water on site
- tent/swag – why not share with some friends?
- sleeping mat and sleeping bag
- warm clothes – it can get cold at night – thermals are a good idea.
- wet weather gear – you never know when it may rain!
- good, sturdy shoes and thongs – there are some prickles around
- cup, plate, bowl and cutlery
- some personal food. while we are catering for people to a degree it as advisable to be a little self sufficient.
- garbage bags – all rubbish goes home with you
- GPS, compass, binoculars are all super handy
- some photo ID – if you plan on getting arrested, then this will speed up the process
- cash – anything you can contribute to Bat Attack’s costs – suggestion is $10 per day
- smart phones & camera phones and chargers – there are solar recharging facilities on site
- snacks – protein snacks like muesli bars, nuts, trail mix or any treats that will keep you happy
- Any personal medication you might need. It’s a great idea to bring a personal first aid kit – make sure you include some hydralyte so you don’t get dehydrated!
- Babywipes or similar – shower facilities are going to be limited or nonexistent. Babywipes are a good alternative to keep you relatively clean
- mosquito repellent
- bright, fun costumes and outfits
- hoola hoops, instruments and any other fun things
- ideas for actions or ideas to make our actions more creative
- cameras (video and picture) and microphones to record actions
- laptop if you have media and communications skills/want to learn
- hand made signs/banners about the campaign (we are trying to avoid branding and NGO logos)
- good, roadworthy 4WD cars that can help transport people around the forest
- your skills – think about what skills you have and how you might use them to help the campaign
- Let us know if you have first aid, mechanical, social media, media, welding, climbing or electrician skills.
Please remember this is a drug and drunk free event, and there is likely to be a police presence in the area.
Before coming up please read the participation agreement
If you have any worries contact us at [email protected]